Submit Music/Spoken Word
Thank you for your interest in submitting your creative work to LiveWire!
What Are the Submission Deadlines?
For the Fall 2016 Issue: May 20, 2016
Our staff will be reading and selecting work for Issue 5 in the Spring of 2016, with writers/artists receiving acknowledgment of “provisional acceptance” or “decline” in mid-Summer 2016.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO LIVEWIRE AS A MUSICIAN/SPOKEN WORD
Spoken Word, Music:
Send your work as an email attachment to email@example.com as an MP3 file. Please also attach the lyrics to your piece as a .doc or .docx file.
In the attachments: do not include your name or contact information
For the subject of the email, please include the title of your piece in quotes and the genre (Example: “Title” Music).
In the body of your email message, please include the following information:
- your full name
- If you are a Fullerton College student, your banner ID
- preferred email address and preferred contact phone number
- title of your submission
- genre of your submission (spoken word, music)
- tell us whether or not you have a Fullerton College campus job (affects honorarium payment)
- a brief bio of yourself (maximum 50 words) for use if your work is selected for publication
- confirmation that your submission is your own, original work**
**If your work is selected for publication, you will be asked to sign declaration of copyright to indicate that you hold the copyright to your work, and to grant LiveWire copyright privileges to publish your work.
To submit multiple pieces:
Please send a separate email for each individual submission of fiction, creative non-fiction, drama, spoken word or music.