Submit Visual Art
Thank you for your interest in submitting your creative work to LiveWire!
What Are the Submission Deadlines?
For the Fall 2016 Issue: May 20, 2016
Our staff will be reading and selecting work for Issue 5 in the Spring of 2016, with writers/artists receiving acknowledgment of “provisional acceptance” or “decline” in mid-Summer 2016.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO LIVEWIRE AS A VISUAL ARTIST:
Artwork is commissioned for LiveWire after the written texts for the issue have been selected. If selected, you will be creating a new piece inspired by one of the selected texts. We ask artists to submit a digital portfolio of their work.
Please submit a digital portfolio of your work as a link to Ryan Shiroma: firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with your portfolio, please include a document with the following typed information:
- Your full name
- If you are a current Fullerton College student, your banner ID
- Preferred email address and preferred contact phone number
- Name and contact information of one reference (FC Faculty, employer, etc)
- Whether or not you have a Fullerton College campus job (affects honorarium payment)
- A brief bio of yourself (maximum 50 words) for use if your work is selected for publication
- Confirmation that your painting or photography is your own original work
What is the Criteria for Becoming a LiveWire Artist?
At LiveWire, we consider artists for commissions for evidence of work that meets four main criteria:
- Relevance to writing being published
- Endorsement of a faculty member or employer
We ask that we have exclusive rights to use your image online for one year and always be able to display your image with the text for which it was commissioned (in our archives, future print publication, and so forth). Our staff will be selecting artists for the Fall 2016 issue after the submission deadline May 20, 2016, with artists receiving acknowledgment of “acceptance” or “decline” in late Summer, or early Fall.